- The machine operating system is a Windows operating system from XP to Windows 10.
- The ICMP (ping) protocol is authorized both ways between the UserLock server and the machines protected by UserLock.
- The 'Microsoft File and Printer Sharing' protocol (SMB TCP 445) is authorized both ways between the UserLock server and the machines protected by UserLock.
- The 'Remote registry' service is enabled and started on machines protected by UserLock.
When UserLock encounters a deployment issue, it displays an error message, and the most common ones are listed below. Click on the issue occurring to display potential causes and procedures to fix it.
- Unable to resolve the computer name [Machine Name].
- Unable to ping the computer [Machine Name].
- Failed to contact the computer [Machine Name] with the File and Printer Sharing protocol (SMB TCP 445).
- Failed to connect to [Machine Name] registry.
- The impersonation account registered is invalid or doesn't have the administrative rights on [Machine name].
This error message means that the administrative share ADMIN$ does not exist on the machine. You should enable it again. The two following values (REG_DWORD) in the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters should be set to 1: AutoShareWks, AutoShareServer
Restart the computer.