UserLock reports allow you to leverage the user session activity and multi-factor authentication data stored in the database.
You can access this section by clicking on the icon in the application menu.
The sub-menu allows you to navigate between the different reports available.
List of reports
This first version of the web application does not yet contain all the reports available in UserLock. However, you can already find the following main reports:
- Event Timeline: list of all events in chronological order
- MFA event reports: list of failed MFAs, cancelled MFAs, help requests made, etc.
- Denied Connections: list of connections denied by Active Directory and UserLock, based on configured access rules
- User status changes: lists status changes related to the configuration made in the server properties of the desktop console.
Other reports will be added in the next version of this web application, planned for Q4 2022.
Administrator Action Report
When a UserLock administrator initiates an action on a session or machine, a record of that activity is kept in the database. The new UserLock web application is now enriched with new reports allowing you to view all these activities to better control the activity of your administrators.
For each action triggered, you will be able to see :
- The date, time and duration of the execution
- The type of action triggered
- The targets targeted by the action (machines or sessions)
- The administrator who triggered the action
- The results of the action
In a future version of UserLock, we plan to enrich this report with additional filters specifically to show all administrator actions, including:
- Actions on users
- Modifications of server properties
- Modifications of server properties
This will allow you to have a clear history of all your administrators' activities on UserLock.
Composition of a report
Most of the reports in the UserLock web application consist of statistics, graphs, and a table of data. Each report can be filtered on a specific time period and on all the columns that compose it.
The time period can be easily changed using the control at the top of the reports:
By clicking on it, a sub-menu appears, allowing you to select the dates and times of the period you want. You can also use the predefined periods on the left of the submenu.
By clicking on the "Apply" button, you can refresh the report with the new filter.
To obtain more accurate data, you can apply filters to all the columns that make up a report.
To open the filters panel, click on the following button:
Once the filters panel is open, select the field you want to filter, the type of search you want, and enter or select the value.
To apply more than one, click on the button
To delete a filter, click on the button
You can also choose whether at least one or all conditions should be applied:
By clicking on the "Apply" button, the report is refreshed.
Table columns can be displayed/hidden using the column selector, available by clicking on the "Columns" button at the top right of the table.
You can also group data using the drop-down list next to the same button.
Export and scheduling
Reports are not yet exportable or schedulable from the web application. These features will be available in a future version. You can choose to show or hide columns by clicking on the button « Column » in the upper right of the page to open the « Colum chooser ».
Default report configuration
When a report is opened, it is automatically generated for the configured default period (7 days). Depending on the number and type of events in your database, the loading time when a report is opened may be long.
If you notice this, we advise you to configure the settings in the "Report settings" section of the UserLock options, accessible from the general menu icon.
- Default period: 7 days by default. Setting a smaller number of days will effectively reduce loading time.
- Exclude session types: Depending on your environment, some session types may generate a high number of events, such as IIS sessions. If you feel that these session types are not important in your reports, you can automatically exclude them for each report. However, you can display them at any time by changing the report filter if you need them from time to time.