E-mail settings for notifications
This section allows you to specify the SMTP server used to send notifications for:
- Session events in the protected accounts properties
- User Status changes in server properties
- Changes in settings in the "Security" section of the server properties
To send these notifications, UserLock uses the SMTP protocol that should be set here by specifying the following information:
- Server: The IP address or the host name of the server sending these notifications.
- Port: The TCP port used to send E-mail (usually 25).
- From: The E-mail address used to send these notifications. This E-mail address needs to be a valid one.
- Authentication: The authentication method the UserLock server has to use to connect to the SMTP server.
- User name: This information is required when selecting the mode 'Provide credentials'.
- Password: The password associated with the specified user name when selecting the mode 'Provide credentials'.
- Use SSL encryption: Enables the SSL security protocol.
You can test your SMTP settings whenever you want by entering an E-mail recipient and clicking on the 'Test' button. A message will display the test result.
NOTE: If the SSOService is installed but the service is not started you will be notified by pop up or e-mail notification.