Before starting the upgrade procedure for your UserLock servers , we recommend that you make a backup of the following:
- For an update from version 8 or newer, the folder %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\ISDecisions\UserLock\Config which contains the configuration files for UserLock.
- For an update from version 7 or older, all files with the extension .cfg in the installation folder (C:\program files (x86)\ISDecisions\UserLock).
- The database which contains all session activity history.
If you are using the default database included with the installation package of UserLock, the name of the database file is UserLock.mdb.
- For an update from version 8 or newer, you will find it in the folder %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\ISDecisions\UserLock\Database.
- For an update from version 7 or older, you will find it in the UserLock installation folder (C:\program files (x86)\ISDecisions\UserLock).
If you are currently using an MS SQL Server database, then just launch your usual backup tool for this operation.
If anything happens, these files will allow you to restore the original settings of UserLock.