The 'Agent distribution' view allows you to manage the UserLock agents deployment on all machines detected in the 'Protected zone'.
The 'Agent distribution' view is available only on the UserLock Primary server. The machines list is retrieved from Active Directory, and one line will be displayed for each supported agent:
- 'Desktop agents' on all workstations and servers.
- 'RRAS agents' on all RRAS servers.
- 'NPS agents' on all NPS servers.
- 'IIS agents' on all IIS servers.
- 'Mac agents' on all Mac computers.
This view enables you to:
- Display the agent status for all machines that are members of the 'Protected zone'.
- Deploy or remove agents manually on specified machines.
- Restart computers.
- Shutdown computers.
Wake up computers
Note that starting computers is done through the Wake-on-LAN technology. Therefore, ensure that this technology is compatible and enabled on all computers protected by UserLock before using it.
- Start or stop the 'Automatic deployer' function.
- Set 'Automatic deployer' options.
- Personalize the agent configuration.
- Launch 'Computer commands'.
Warning: By default, the UserLock service is defined to run as the 'Network Service' account to use the least privilege as possible during its current operations. Agent deployment as remote interactions with machines require a privilege elevation of the UserLock service account. To perform these actions, the UserLock service will impersonate using the credentials defined in the 'Service Impersonation' section of the 'Server Properties'.
The list of machines detected in the 'Protected Zone' is updated every 5 minutes. During this update:
- If a machine has been added to the protected zone, it is immediately added to this list.
- If a machine is no longer in the protected zone, it is removed from the list if there is no UserLock Desktop Agent activity on that computer for at least 7 days.
Therefore, if you move a computer outside the UserLock protected zone without uninstalling the Agent Station and this agent continues to contact the UserLock service (startup, session events) within the last 7 days, this computer will remain in this list.
If you want to check the last activity date of the agent, add the column "Last agent activity" in the view (right click on the header, "Column chooser", drag and drop "Last agent activity" to the header).