The latest FileAudit updates help make NTFS permissions reporting easy – and add the ability to migrate or archive your database.
You want quick insights into access rights across the entire file system directory. And you need more control over your data.
You spoke, we listened.
Easily report on NTFS permissions & permission changes
With the new FileAudit update, you now have the ability to view and report on all NTFS permission changes for every impacted user/group on a file/folder. Need more detail? You can easily drill down to view permissions added, removed or modified, along with actionable information, like:
- Name of user who change permissions.
- Whether assigned permission is a denied or allowed right.
- Permission rights prior to the change.
- Whether change is inherited.
Best of all, you can schedule regular reports, and save even more time by opting to send those emails automatically to pre-determined recipients.
Not only does having all this information at your fingertips give minutes (hours?) of your life back, but it also helps you:
- Ensure users only have the permissions they need to prevent unauthorized access to files.
- Reduce security gaps by making sure only certain employees have access to the most sensitive data.
- Detect escalation of permission rights before damage occurs.
- Have proof of permission management to comply with different data regulations.
Get more control over your data
Another request we heard on several fronts was: “I’d like to be able to migrate or archive my database. Can I do that with FileAudit?” We’re happy to now be able to reply with a simple yes.
Manage your database on your own terms with the new ability to:
- Copy your data to a new database (MySQL, SQLite, SQL server or MS Access) and use this as your production database.
- Transfer data from one database provider to another (MySQL, SQLite, SQL server or MS Access).
- Schedule regular transfers according to set criteria.
What’s more, you can rest easy knowing that FileAudit removes the data from the production database after a transfer has been completed.
Ready to see it for yourself? Download FileAudit 6.4 today and experience how FileAudit makes file access security easier, smarter and more efficient.